- What groups were discriminated in sporting competitions?
- When did the discrimination get ruled out/ fixed?
- How much money do sportsmen get compared to sportswoman and has the gap changed?
- Why/what do people stereotype?
- Were there any sports where certain genders weren't allowed to do the exact same activities as the opposite gender?
- Are there certain ‘groups’ that are formed in sport and who is accepted into them?
- Have stereotypes been used more frequently than when they were first used? Has there always been discrimination in sport?
- When and where was there a significant change in women playing sport?
- Has racism increased or decreased over time?
While researching, we found out that there were women in every single sport from every country in the Olympics only from 2012 games. Also, women were only allowed to do mild sports like dance and gymnastics until the early 1800's.Also, recently the number
Questions for history teachers
1. How do we know if sites such as the ABC and government websites are keeping their integrity and not exaggerating through articles and stats?
2. How do we know when we find a trustworthy site?
3. What are the best sources to gather information?
4. What kind of society would have made different genders and races think that they were not accepted in a sport?
5. When we make a timeline when researching significant events that have happened in the past, why is it necessary to sequence them in order? Is it just easier to read?